Monday 4 January 2010

How Precious is Your Name

I finished writing this hymn last year, it can be sung to the tune 'Lloyd,' with slightly altered phrasing in a more expressive modern style.

How precious is Your name O Lord
It means the world to me.
It speaks of all Your saving worth.
Your love poured out for me.

And when I think of what You've done
(And done it all for me!)
I cannot help but lift my voice
And sing my praise to Thee.

You came and lived your life for me
In flesh just like my own
You knew temptations fullest power
yet sin you did not own.

No sin was yours, but mine you took
And bore the wretched curse
Of death upon a Roman cross
To give men peace on earth.

There on that cross You shed your blood
So freely, all for me.
A sacrifice, atonement made,
To give me peace with Thee.

Richard Burgess 2009

1 comment:

  1. Stirring! Thank you my brother in Christ -- the name above every other! May our Father continue to bless and use you in 2010 and until Jesus returns! Hallelu Yah!

    Dave Webster

    ReplyDelete